Services for Staff
A range of medical services are available to UC staff. For more information download our practice information sheet. Staff are also seen in Workers Compensations matters.
Rates for non-students and staff will vary according to the situation, complexity, duration of the consultation and the Doctor seen, but lie within the range of:
*Fees as at 01/01/2020
|Surgery Consultation (billing based on Dr seen, complexity & duration of consultation)||Home Visits|
|Level A||$35.00 - $55.00*||$150.00-$250.00* depending on length of time patient seen|
|Level B||$65.00 - $85.00*||After Hours|
|Level C||$110.00 - $150.00*||Fees may vary - up to $250.00* Emergency Attendance|
- University staff are given a discount on the standard private medical fees.
- Fees for other services are available on request. Please ask at the Reception Desk for more information.
- Difficulties in payment should be discussed with the consulting doctor before the consultation.
The medical practitioners offer clinical services from rooms in the Medical Centre and do so as private practitioners not as employees of the University.
Staff Employee Assistance Program
Counselling services through the Medical and Counselling Centre are provided for UC students only.
Staff may consult the Counselling Service for advice on student or University matters. Free staff counselling is available off-campus through the Employee Assistance Program. For more information on the staff EAP visit Human Resources.
UC students and staff can make an appointment at the University Medical Centre for travel vaccinations. Check out our travel information on our immunisation page.
The University engages the services of International SOS to assist students and staff travelling overseas. International SOS provides:
- Travel and medical alerts for specific regions and countries (more detailed than DFAT),
- 24/7/365 telephone medical and security advice,
- Referral to nearest Western standard medical services,
- Translation services per phone,
- Emergency advice and evacuation.
Worried about a student? Download our information sheet.
Disclaimer: The above information is for information purposes only, and is not designed to replace medical or counselling services. If you need further assistance or information, please contact the University Medical and Counselling Service on (02) 6201 2351.