Precincts and Projects
Learn about our campus development precincts and projects.Read more about this slide
Over the next decade, the University of Canberra's Bruce campus will be transformed into an integrated learning community, abolishing the boundaries between the academy, industry and community of all ages, and establishing UC as a showcase of the confluence of living, learning, innovation and entrepreneurship.
At its heart will be the principles of co-creation and collaboration, offering fresh opportunities for national and international partnerships, transformational research, enriched learning experiences and vibrant commercial and networking activities.
Proceeds from the development will be used to support UC's strategic objectives as well as a specially created endowment fund, which will ensure the University and its students continue to prosper well into the future.
Campus of the Future
By 2030, the University of Canberra's Bruce campus will be an extraordinary place. People from around the world will visit and experience a new model community in action, where people, young and old, live an educated life.
The planning for this transformation is being driven by a vision of how universities will operate in the future, abolishing the boundaries between the academy, industry and community of all ages, establishing UC as a showcase of the confluence of living, learning, innovation and entrepreneurship. At the heart of this development will be the principles of co-creation and collaboration, offering fresh opportunities for national and international partnerships, transformational research, enriched learning experiences and vibrant commercial and netowrking activities. The campus development vision also aligns with our specific goals of:
- Opening up and integrating the UC campus with the surrounding district of Belconnen and strangthening partnerships with local educational and professional institutions.
- Enhancing Canberra's reputation as a knowledge city and educational capital, and growing the knowledge economy by developing an entrepreneurial hub where industry, research and community come together in the exploration of ideas and pursuit of solutions.
- Stand out as a showcase of innovative urban design in a characteristically Australia landscape, and promote healthy and active lifestyles for people of all ages and abilities.
- Ensure that by developing the UC campus as a smart-city-within-the-city, we deliver cutting edge communication technologies and connectivity to the community.
- Create opportunities for our students to be engaged across all areas of the campus development and operations as part of experiential learning programs.
- Working with our partners, pursue the highest standards of environmental and energy sustainability, water conservation, physical accessibility, and sustainable and active modes of transport.
Campus Development News
The Indigenous supplier procurement targets set out in the University of Canberra’s Reconciliation Action Plan have been more than doubled by the Campus Estate team.
With bushfires currently impacting large areas across Australia, our thoughts are with the affected communities, the professional fire fighters, first responders, dedicated volunteers and their families. Of course, the immense loss of native fauna and flora is distressing. Read more on how you can help, or how to access support for staff and students.
The University of Canberra today announced Professor Paddy Nixon as the sixth Vice-Chancellor and President. Professor Nixon will begin his tenure in June 2020.
Thanks to a generous gift, the University of Canberra has unveiled ONE, its latest sculpture on campus.