UC & Study Canberra Information Technology Scholarship
Please note that Applications close 27th January 2017 for Semester 1 and 29th July 2017 for Semester 2.
UC is proud to offer this scholarship in partnership with the ACT Government’s Study Canberra program. Canberra was rated the best region in the world for wellbeing by the OECD in 2014, and is ranked 17th in the world by QS Best Student Cities (2016). Studying in Canberra means enjoying a high quality of life, getting active and healthy exploring our natural environment; and being part of a friendly and safe community that encourages you to reach for excellence. It is a place to engage your mind and fire your imagination. Find out more at www.studycbr.com.au.
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or International Student;
- Have accepted their offer or conditional offer into one of the following degrees commencing 2017:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Network & Software Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- A double degree comprising any of the above
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology and Systems
- Master of Engineering
- Applicants must provide a 500 word statement outlining their achievements in the ICT field and how they plan to apply their skills to the industry within the Canberra region
- Applicants will be ineligible for this scholarship if they have already received a scholarship or grant for their studies at UC;
- Applicants must have accepted their offer at UC only;
- Applicants must agree to their information being made known to the scholarship sponsors for the purposes of the scholarship and its promotion;
- Recipients must agree to be profiled to promote the scholarship including a written testimonial about their experience in Canberra and studying at UC along with photo consent for promotion;
- The University will reserve the right to re-allocate the award if for any reason the award is withdrawn;
- A scholarship cannot be deferred;
- recipients should adhere to the University of Canberra’s undergraduate policies and procedures https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/Academic/Progress.
In most cases, you will need to provide a written statement addressing the eligibility criteria. You will be asked to upload this along with your supporting documents during the online application process. Your application won't be considered without these.