Are You Eligible?
To be eligible to study at UC on a Study Abroad or Exchange program, you must:
- Have successfully completed at least your first year of study at your university
- Meet UC's English language requirements (see below)
- Have at least an average GPA (4.5 on a 7 point scale or 2.5 on a 4 point scale)
- Intend to enroll full time at UC (12 credit points- usually 4 classes)
English Language Requirements
You can meet UC's English requirement if you have studied for at least one year at an approved level in an accepted English speaking country. This must be clear from your transcript in order to fulfill the language requirement in this way. The Admissions Team at the University of Canberra will assess your eligibility, based on your prior learning school and tertiary study.
If you do not fall into the above category, you will need to provide an IELTS, TOEFL or other test listed in section B of the UC English Policy. Please note that most test results must be no older than two years for validity and acceptance by the UC admissions team.
Be sure to check out the country specific tests including high school English scores, International Baccalaureate and the European Baccalaureate listed at the bottom of Section C in the UC English Policy.
If you do not meet our language requirements, consider studying English in our pre-exchange ELICOS program!
Things You Need to Consider
You need to speak to the Study Abroad and Exchange Officer at your home university about:
- Their application process to apply for study abroad
- How your university selects or nominates students to send to UC