Professional education & training
UC College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). We deliver nationally recognised qualifications to organisations, business and individuals in the ACT region.
As an RTO we are committed to:
- providing professional and relevant training and assessment services
- customising our programs to specific organisational needs
- the application of learning in the workplace.
More information on our services
- Explore the topics below to answer any questions you have.
Vocational education and training (VET)
VET delivers specific skills and qualifications help you prepare for all types of employment and workplaces.
Vocational qualifications are set nationally by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
We deliver these qualifications in partnership with the University of Canberra and the University of Canberra Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra:
- SIS30410 Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
- SIS40313 Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
RPL is available within these qualifications if you can provide evidence that shows you have the essential knowledge and skills for that particular unit.
Our programs are developed based on your specific requirements. We conduct a detailed consultation and training needs analysis with you before negotiating the best approach. We then provide a written proposal outlining the fees for the agreed service.
Due to the customisable nature of our courses, our fees vary depending on factors including:
- program type
- number of participants.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- If you think you are entitled to RPL, please contact us to discuss the units you would like to be recognised for and we will calculate the appropriate fee for your situation.
- A fee of $25+GST will apply for reissue of a lost, damaged or destroyed certificate from UC College.
Our training and assessment programs delivered through UC College are done so through partnerships with:
- the University of Canberra
- the University of Canberra Senior Secondary College, Lake Ginninderra.
We have experience in providing learning and development solutions to a broad range of client groups, including:
- Commonwealth and local government
- private enterprise
- secondary and tertiary staff and students.
PRIVACY NOTICE - NCVER
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, University of Canberra College RTO 5088 is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by University of Canberra College RTO 5088 for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. University of Canberra College RTO 5088 may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd NCVER;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
PRIVACY AT UC COLLEGE
The University of Canberra College (UC College) has obligations in relation to the collection, storage, use and management of personal and health information under the following legislation;
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- National Privacy Principles
- Information Privacy Act 2014 (ACT)
- Unique Student Identifier – for VET students only
This policy applies to all areas of UC College. Any person who deals with UC College is entitled to expect that their personal or health information will be treated in accordance with this policy.
You are entitled to protection of the personal information you provide to the University of Canberra College (UC College) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This means that any personal information we collect about you is treated according to the law and applicable policy. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes of meeting our obligations as imposed by Government regulation, the requirements for normal operation of UC College, or where otherwise required or permitted by law.
We disclose some information we hold to other parties. For example, National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER) or to regulators or if your studies involve an organisation related to UC College, such as the University of Canberra, or a third party provider or an external research or teaching centre, your information may be disclosed to that organisation. We have a range of IT, procedural and contractual safeguards in place to protect your personal information. If we do not disclose your personal information, we may be unable to complete your admission, enrolment or course completion processes.
Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.