Information for Study Abroad & Exchange applicants
Please submit your application via the link below. Before you apply, please read the below instructions carefully.
|1.||Once you have registered in the portal, please select 'Start an application'|
|2.||You will be given three options. Please only select the award type (third option) and select 'non-award' from the drop down tab|
|3.||Click 'search now' button|
|4.||Please select your type of program. You will be given the option to select a stay of 1 or 2 semesters. Please refer to the key below for an explanation of the options.|
|5.||If you are unsure of what to select, please make sure you check first with your home advisor or the UC Study Abroad office: email@example.com|
|6.||Select with 'apply now' to begin your application|
316AA Overseas Exchange Program – Your home University has nominated you to be an exchange student *you will pay tuition fees to your home university*
315AG Non Award Program (Study Abroad) – You will pay tuition fees to UC
NOTE: If you are an ISEP student, please select the below:
316AA Overseas Exchange Program – If you are coming through the ISEP EXCHANGE program
315AG Non Award Program (Study Abroad) – If you are coming through the ISEP DIRECT program
If you are an ISEP student, you are required to first apply through ISEP and then through the UC Study Abroad application portal. Please always select ISEP as your home institution
- Digital copy with English translation (PDF format only*) of all transcripts and qualifications. (stamped or signed by your university for certification)
- Academic Reference (required only if you have a fail grade on your transcript)
- Digital colour copy of your passport (photo & details page) or a recent photo of yourself if you are still waiting on your passport. (PDF format only*)
- Digital certified copy of English Language Proficiency if required (PDF format only*)
- The name and e-mail address for your exchange advisor or agent (ISEP advisor if you are an ISEP student)
- Be sure you can find at least 4 classes (units) and 2 back up units for each semester you plan to study at the University of Canberra. Please use our helpful guide on Choosing Classes at UC. You will not be asked to list your unit choices on the application, but you will be sent self-enrolment instructions by e-mail after you accept your University of Canberra Offer and receive your COE (Confirmation of Enrolment: a document required to obtain your student visa). If there are specific units that you MUST take for credit to your home university and you need confirmation before the self-enrolment details are available, please e-mail the unit codes to firstname.lastname@example.org to request pre-approval
- Decide if you would like to guarantee on campus housing at the University of Canberra and choose which option you want to guarantee. Visit our Accommodation Page to assist you and read the terms and conditions of a guarantee placement at the bottom of the website.
Important to know
- For best results, please open the application form in Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Uploaded documents should not be password protected or have any special security features as this prevents us from receiving them through the portal
**Please note: As of July 1, 2016, Australian Immigration changed and simplified the student visa process. There is now only one type of student visa: Subclass 500. It is extremely important that students are extremely detail oriented while filling out their visa application as an application missing any required information will be denied without refund. While students can reapply, they would also be required to pay a second time. Please read all information carefully and contact immigration if there are any questions or concerns BEFORE submitting an application. Due to these changes, students applying for a student visa may be required to submit a GTE form with their application to UC to help ensure that students are prepared for their visa application and any questions they may receive from Australian Immigration. Please submit the UC application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for the visa application.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com
Semester 1 (February - May)
Applications Open: September 1
Applications Close: November 15
Semester 2 (August - November)
Applications Open: February 15
Applications Close: April 30
Visit our after you apply page.