Fast Forward Program
The UC Fast Forward Program is an exclusive club for 25 stand-out Year 11 students, helping them prepare for University life.
The program allows current Year 11 students from Canberra and the ACT region to apply and receive a conditional offer for admission to a UC course. Based on continued involvement in the program throughout Year 12, Fast Forward students will receive a guaranteed offer of admissions to UC in September of Year 12.
What you get
Participants in the Fast Forward Program get access to these amazing benefits.
In Year 11
- An early conditional offer into a UC degree (excluding ranked degrees).
- UC merchandise pack including UC hoodie, t-shirt, drink bottle,etc.
- A welcome seminar before the end of Year 11 hosted by University leaders and inclusive of an exclusive campus tour and lunch on the concourse.
In Year 12
- An early guaranteed offer into a UC degree (excluding ranked degrees).
- Free membership at the UC gym.
- Career workshops.
- Activities with industry partners.
- Participation in UC recruitment events (school visits, on-campus events).
- $2000 study grant (paid in first year after census date).
- Free admission to ticketed events during O-week.
- Employment as a casual staff member in UC's student ambassador program.
- Internship opportunities with UC industry partners.
Students will be selected based on a combination of academic performance and extra-curricular activities. At a minimum students must:
- be currently enrolled in Year 11 in a school in the greater ACT region (including Queanbeyan and Yass)
- have a minimum grade average of 65 per cent when submitting their application
- be able to provide evidence of extra-curricular involvement at school or in the wider community.
Students earn points in the extra-curricular activity they have undertaken in the previous 12 months. Points are allocated for each eligible and evidenced activity. Examples include:
- leadership roles
- sports excellence or members of school or local sports team
- musical excellence or member of school or community band or orchestra
- academic excellence through participation in competitions
- demonstration of a high level of personal commitment in other ways.
Points will be allocated as follows.
High level of personal commitment or demonstrated leadership. For example:
Moderate level of personal commitment or demonstrated leadership. For example:
Demonstration of personal commitment. For example:
How to apply
2019 applications close on 8 September.
To apply in Year 11, complete the online application form. The form will ask you to:
- provide evidence of a min 65 per cent grade average for the first half of Year 11
- provide evidence of your extra-curricular school or community activity from the past 12 months
- explain why being part of the Fast Forward Program would be beneficial to you and to UC.
Selected program participants will be asked to submit evidence of continued academic performance midway through Year 12 in order to receive their guaranteed offer in September of that year.
Find out more
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6201 2338.