How to Register: Independent Short Programs
1. Already have a program in mind? Check with your faculty that the short program fits into your degree by seeking course advice and an updated course progression plan.
2. Fill out a UC Global Learning Short Course Registration Form indicating which program you plan to apply for (please use Chrome or Firefox).
3. Apply for your course directly through the course provider.
4. Seek credit approval from your Faculty's course advisors to ensure the course will count towards your degree by completing a course credit transfer agreement (CCTA) form. Email your signed CCTA to email@example.com.
5. Register your trip details with International SOS and DFAT Smartraveller, and subscribe to updates for the country you are going to.
6. Once you have received your official acceptance from the Host University, you may apply for OS-HELP (if eligible). Please note that you must complete all previous steps before applying for OS-Help.
Important Information to Note:
* The UC Global Learning Office recommends that you do not book flights or apply for visas until your host university provides your official acceptance.
* Prior to departing for your program you will be required to attend a mandatory pre-departure session run by the UC Global Learning Office to assist you in preparing for your overseas trip. Details will be provided closer to the time.
* Following completion of program, send your original transcript to UC Global Learning Office to have your credits processed.
* Please remember when applying for an Independent Short Program, as you are submitting your application to an outside provider, if you need to cancel your participation, you will need to contact the provider directly. Any terms and conditions agreed to, fees paid, etc. will be subject to the provider's cancellation policy. Therefore, it is imperative that students are familiar with the provider's conditions when applying for the program and accepting the placement.