Print this page

Managing Tenancy Disputes

Emergency Accommodation

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides information and advice about where to access a wide range of services and support, including domestic violence and emergency accommodation.

Room G02, Ground Floor
New Griffin Centre
Genge St
Canberra City
Phone: (02) 6248 7988

Disputes with Your Landlord

On-campus residents are bound by the rules of their accommodation agreement. Any issues or disputes that residents might have regarding staff, fellow residents or their accommodation should be taken up with the accommodation management in the first instance.  If management are unable to assist then contact the University's Accommodation Services Manager.

Students renting accommodation off-campus may also contact these services:

1. Tenants Advice Service

The ACT Tenants' Advice Service (TAS) is a free advice service for people renting in the ACT (tenants and other occupants). This service is operated by the Tenants' Union ACT. Further information and contact details can be found on the Tenants Advice Service website.

2. ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT)

The ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal is an independent body, which has exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all matters arising from private and public residential tenancy and occupancy agreements under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (the Act). A dispute arising out of a Residential Tenancies Agreement can be lodged with the ACAT by either the landlord or the tenant. Further information and contact details can be found on the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal website.

Student & Staff Login

Student Login Staff Login