Print this page

Intermission / Leave Of Absence (LOA)

You can apply for Intermission (LOA) to suspend your studies for up to one year if you have: 

  • Accepted your offer (rather than deferring) and you do not intend to undertake your studies in the current period
  • Commenced study and you do not intend to undertake your studies in the following teaching period, either with UC or approved external/exchange studies at another institution
  • You are a Commonwealth Supported Student or a Domestic full fee paying student.


Intermission (Leave of Absence) Form must be submitted to Student Central before the commencement of the teaching period for which the LOA is being sought.


You will be liable for fees if you apply for Intermission after the Census Date for the relevant study period and you are still enrolled in units.

International Students

Please contact the International Student Support Office for advice. 

Research Students

Please contact the Research Student Office for advice.

Candidature Intermission information and advice.

Returning from Intermission (LOA)

On your return from Intermission (LOA) you will require a new password to gain access to the MyUC portal.

You must contact the DITM Service Desk between 9:00am - 5:00pm week days on (02) 6201 5500 to request the new password.

Student & Staff Login

Student Login Staff Login