Print this page

ID Cards and Travel Concession

Student ID Cards

Student ID cards are required to attend exams, borrow from the library or to access any facility requiring a proximity card, including e-permit parking.

Previously the University and the Commonwealth Bank partnered together to provide students with the UC1 Card, which combined the University of Canberra ID card with a re loadable prepaid MasterCard functionality supported by the Commonwealth Bank. The University ceased issuing these cards on 23 November 2015. Transition arrangements and further information can be found on the UC1 Card page.

To receive an ID Card:

  • Your first Student ID Card will be issued to you free of charge.
  • If you lose or damage your ID card, there is a $15 replacement cost to be issued with a new one. You can pay online through the Payments portal
  • To obtain your ID card, you will need to upload a photo through the Capture Me portal, which you can access through your MyUC account under the 'Enrolments and Timetable' section.
  • The photo must be a recent photo of you in a suitable format, and appropriate style (passport style photo). You will be notified by email when your photo is approved and to collect your ID card. You will be notified if you are required to submit a new photo.
  • You will need to show official photographic identification to collect your student ID card from the Student Centre. Your driver's licence, passport or proof of age card are acceptable forms of identification.If you are an online student living interstate, follow the same process and select 'online' as your campus. If you are studying at our Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney campuses, select your campus. Your UC student ID card will then be posted to your mailing address as recorded in MyUC (student portal). Cards cannot be posted to ACT campus students.

ID cards are issued for personal use only and should be kept secure. Any abuse of the access levels provided by ID cards could jeopardise your continued studies at the University.
Please note: ID cards are only valid for the duration of your course and whilst you remain a current student. Due to transition arrangements the Mastercard feature is only valid to 28 March 2016.

Transport concession

Transport concession conditions differ depending on your residential location. Check your eligibility for each state/territory and follow the process for your location on the following pages.  





Eligibility - Full time enrolment status is calculated by EFTSL per semester.  You must be enrolled in a minimum of 18 credit points for the year to be considered full-time.  You can check your Confirmation of Enrolment (My UC > Enrolments and Timetable > Confirmation of Enrolment) to see your enrolment status.

Student & Staff Login

Student Login Staff Login