University of Canberra is encouraging students to enrol for the whole year. Re-enrolment for 2017 will open on November 14th 2016. All students will be able to amend their enrolment, according to university scheduled dates, up until the census date of each teaching period.
Year Long Enrolment
University of Canberra is encouraging students to enrol for the whole year from Semester 1 2017. Re-enrolment for 2017 will open on November 14th of 2016. All students will be able to amend their enrolment, according to university scheduled dates, up until the census date of each teaching period.
Re-enrolling for 2017
Things you need to do:
- Identify the units you want to study for any 2017 academic period, including semesters, terms, trimesters and flexible periods for your campus or online course.
- Make sure you meet the requirements of your course by enrolling in the correct core units and electives - contact your Faculty for course advice or a study plan.
- Check for prerequisites and corequisite units.
- Refer to the course and unit information – you must choose the year you started your course to follow the correct study plan.
When do I need to enrol by?
MyUC will open for you to re-enrol on Monday, November 14th 2016. We will send an email to your student email account and a SMS to your recorded mobile phone number on that day to remind you to enrol on MyUC for 2017.
Students who enrol for 2017 by December 19th 2016 will be automatically put in a draw to win 1 of 20 $100.00 Co-op bookstore (terms and conditions apply).This will enable the University to have the correct number of tutorials open earlier allowing you to plan ahead to build the timetable that will suit you.
Ensure your contact details are up-to-date
If your contact details have changed, please login to MyUC and update them - select the My Details tab. This will help us if we need to contact you about your enrolment or any updates to tutorial selections.
For assistance or more information
What is a yearlong enrolment?
University of Canberra is encouraging students to enrol for each teaching period in which they plan to study in 2016. You will be able to search and enrol for units not only for the next teaching period but also for the future 2017 teaching periods. This will allow you to plan ahead for the whole year.
When can I start enrolling for 2017?
Enrolment is expected to open for all students from 14th of November 2016 for 2017 teaching periods. We will notify you via email and SMS the exact date the enrolment will be open closer to the date.
Do I have to enrol in all teaching periods I am intending to study in 2016 by 19th of December 2016?
Enrolment for the whole year is not compulsory. You can still enrol for the next teaching period only (i.e. Semester 1, 2017) and will be able to enrol into future teaching periods till census date of that teaching period (late enrolment fee applies for enrolment or amendment to enrolment post second week of the teaching period). The students who have completed their yearlong enrolment for 2017 by 19 of December 2016 will be automatically entered into a draw to win one of 20 $100 book store vouchers (terms and conditions apply).
If I enrol for the whole year, will I be charged for units I had enrolled in future teaching periods now?
You will only be charged for units in the most current teaching period. All students are able to pay their tuition fees up until census date of that teaching period. As per policy, international students will have to pay by the census date of each teaching period. Domestic students will have the option to apply for a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP if they choose not to pay their fees up-front.
Can I enrol into a unit now for Semester 2, 2017, which has a pre-requisite unit which I will be enrolling in for Semester 1, 2017?
You can enrol into units in all future teaching periods even if you have not yet successfully completed the pre-requisite units, but you must enrol in the pre-requisite unit first. The system will assume you will pass any currently enrolled pre-requisite units until a result has been finalised for that unit. Once a result is finalised the system will check to make sure you have passed the pre-requisite unit. If you do not pass the unit your enrolment in the subsequent semester 2 unit will become invalid and you will need to change your unit enrolment semester 2.
If I enrol into units for future teaching periods, will I be able to amend the units later on?
Yes, you are able to amend the units you would like to study up until the census date of that teaching period. Please note that you will be charged a late enrolment fee of $60.00/unit if you change or amend your unit enrolment past the second week of that teaching period.
I am a part-time student; can I enrol for the whole year?
All students are encouraged to enrol for the whole year including part-time students. You can enrol into the units you were going to study in future teaching periods of 2016 from 16th of November 2015. This will allow you to schedule your personal and academic life better.
I am an international student; does the yearlong enrolment apply to me?
Yes, all students of University of Canberra including international students are encouraged to enrol for the whole year. Enrolment into future teaching periods is not mandatory but international students must be enrolled in a full-time load for the current teaching period as per their visa stipulations.
I am completing the academic requirements of the course in the next teaching period; do I have to enrol for the whole of 2017?
If you are completing the academic requirements of your course in the next teaching period i.e. semester 1, 2017; you do not need to enrol into any other future periods i.e. Winter Term or semester 2, 2017. University of Canberra encourages non-completing students (both international and domestic ) to enrol for the whole year .
I wish to study in only one teaching period in 2017; does the yearlong enrolment apply to me?
If you wish to study in only one teaching period, the yearlong enrolment does not apply to you. However, you must submit an application for intermission via MyUc student portal to keep your place in the course.
I do not study at the Bruce campus, does the yearlong enrolment apply to me?
Yes it does. University of Canberra students at all campuses are encouraged to enrol for the whole year.
I do not know what units I should be studying in future teaching periods?
University of Canberra advises all students to contact the course convener of their enrolled course to get a study plan for the entirety of the course. This will allow you to plan ahead and balance your personal and academic life accordingly. Contact details for course conveners are available on University of Canberra Website.
University of Canberra (UC) Australian campus students who enrolled themselves for the whole of 2017 academic year prior to 19th of December 2016, inclusive, and which had been received by the University, will automatically enter into a draw to win one of the five IPad.
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms & conditions is invalid.
- The Promoter is the University of Canberra, ABN: 81633873422.
- Entrants must successfully enrol themselves for the entire 2017 before 19th of December 2016 in order to be eligible to enter the prize draw, with the enrolment being successfully recorded by the University. Higher degree by research students who have successfully submitted their annual progress report by 19th of December 2016 will be automatically put into the draw.
- UC reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who subverts or attempts to subvert the entry process or who submits an entry not in accordance with these terms & conditions.
- The draw commences from 14th of November 2016 at 12:00 AM, when the enrolment is opened on and closes on 19th of December 2016 on 11:59 PM (inclusive). Randomly selected respondents will be drawn on the 21st of December 2016 at the office of Student Administration and Planning, 27 Thyne St, Bruce, ACT 2617.
- 'Prize' is 20 $100 co-op book store vouchers worth $2,000.00 in total.
- UC will not be held responsible for the loss, theft or damage to any prize after it has been awarded, or for any injury that results directly or indirectly from this promotion.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond UC's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, UC reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. UC may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- UC is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission.
- Winners will be notified of how to collect their prize within 21 days of the competition draw date, and UC will make reasonable attempts to contact the prize winners by mail, email, fax, SMS or phone.
- UC's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- UC can amend the terms & conditions of the prize draw without prior notice.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms & conditions.
- These terms & conditions do not supplement or amend UC's standard terms & conditions and the Information Facilities Rules which continue to apply.
- Prizes will be available for collection or delivery from the time of notification of winners. Unclaimed prizes will be kept for 3 months after the winners are drawn. If unclaimed after that time another winner will be drawn. Prizes will not jackpot. If a redraw is required it will take place on at Student Administration and Planning, Bruce, ACT 2617. Winners will be notified of how to collect their prize within 21 days of the competition draw date, and UC will make reasonable attempts to contact the prize winners by mail, email, fax, SMS or phone.