Supplementary Assessment Application process
The Assessment Policy and Assessment Procedures documents provides strict conditions under which a supplementary assessment / exam may be granted:
- 3.14 Supplementary exams and assessment
- a. All units (unless exempted) will offer students supplementary assessment according to the criteria and organisational principles outlined in this document.
- b. To be eligible for supplementary assessment, a student must:
- be enrolled in their final teaching period of study;
- have failed a single unit, with a final mark within 5% of the minimum pass mark (e.g. 45‐49%) in the unit; and
- have passed all other units undertaken in that teaching period.
- c. The failed unit must be the final unit required to complete the academic requirements of their course.
- d. Supplementary assessment is not permitted in a unit where there was a proven case of academic misconduct against the student which resulted in a lower mark for the unit.
- e. Supplementary assessment tasks will be subject to the same academic oversight as standard assessment tasks. Supplementary assessment is not to be of a lesser quality.
- 4.1 Student Administration
- The Timetabling and Examinations Office in Student Administration is responsible for administering final, supplementary and deferred exams during the University’s formal examination periods.
What you need to do:
- Check that you meet the eligibility criteria listed under 3.14, above
- Ensure you are available during the next exam period - see Exams and Results for exam period dates as well as exam timetable release information
- If you meet the criteria listed above, go to Student Forms to download a Supplementary Assessment Request Form, filed under 'Other Forms'
- Complete the Student Details, Unit Details and Student Declaration sections of the form
- Contact your unit convenor for endorsement (supplementary exam or supplementary assessment)
- If supplementary exam is required, return the form to the Student Centre in Building 1
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com