Excellence in Supervision Award
This award enables research candidates to recognise supervisors who they believe have helped them shape their futures and maximize their potential. The award aims to support a culture of excellence in supervision. It recognises that effective supervision leads to high-quality, mission-oriented research and engagement. This type of supervision is central to creating research that makes a difference.
One winner of the Excellence in Supervision of Higher Degree by Research Students award will be announced at the Combined Research and Teaching awards ceremony on Thursday 7 November and in the Staff Bulletin. The winner will receive $3,000 to spend on the development of supervisory activities.
All enrolled Master by Research or Doctoral candidates may nominate a supervisor for the award. A candidate may nominate more than one supervisor, but a separate nomination needs to be completed for each. All nominees will be notified by the Graduate Research team.
The award is open to all University of Canberra staff members or adjuncts who are Registered Supervisors.
- Completion of the nomination cover sheet
- A statement addressing the assessment criteria (statement only up to two pages in total)
- Up to three independent testimonials from current or previous HDR candidates (up to 100 words maximum for each testimonial)
The nominating student may discuss the nomination with the supervisor and their other students in order to prepare the statement addressing assessment criteria.
- Evidence of how the supervisor supports their candidates to manage progress towards timely completion.
- Evidence of how the supervisor has supported the development of candidates’ research skills.
- Demonstration of how the supervisor has encouraged innovation and engagement at UC, national and internationally.
- A demonstrated energy, passion and commitment to supervision, evident over time
- Evidence of timely student progress and completion (to be provided by the Graduate Research team).
Nominations must be submitted via email in one single pdf to DVCR&I@canberra.edu.auby no later than 5pm, Friday 6 September 2019. Receipt of nomination will be provided to the nominator and nominees. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Manager, Policy and Programs
Ph: 6201 2821