Advanced Topics in International Studies (9994.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178306) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164665) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149641) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides an in-depth examination of topics in international studies that go beyond those offered in lower level units. The unit is taught in rotation by members of staff, who will teach in areas of their own research specialty. Topics could include the following: global issues of gender and sexuality; the international ethics of food ?sovereignty, security, sustainability; the role of history and memory in the understanding of global violence; advanced issues in contemporary development theory; studies in the various traditions of world philosophies. To find out which particular topics will be the focus of a semester's offering, please contact the listed unit convenor for further information.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have demonstrated their ability to
1. Critically understand the topics in international studies dealt with in the unit;
2. Acquire and critically evaluate relevant information from the published literature;
3. Argue effectively for a point of view in a way that is informed by research-based evidence and logical reasoning;
4. Synthesise information in a systematic and logical manner; and
5. Communicate their findings and/or arguments clearly and effectively.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
24cp of study
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 222JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 223JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 280JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 369JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Journalism
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 822AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Management