Research and Practice (9989.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mrs Michelle CARTER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190857) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178305) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178303) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (164664) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164662) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (156500) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163289) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with knowledge of the ways in which research is conducted by professional artists to make their work, including the informal research that goes into establishing and conducting an arts practice and working in creative industries. It introduces students to the field of practice based research in the academy.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the field of practice based research;
2. Demonstrate the ability to identify and evaluate key practices and practitioners in their chosen fields; and
3. Demonstrate the ability to formulate a research plan for a creative output.
3 hours as: Either 1 Lecture + 1 x 2 hour workshop per week (on campus) OR 1 Lecture (online, recorded) + 2 hours online engagement with flexible activity offerings per week.
Complete 24 credit points or permission of convener
Year 12 English or equivalent, skills in creative writing and/or media design and production
8902 Cultural Research
8902 Cultural Research
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing