Superannuation, Retirement and Estate Planning (9988.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177730) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166674) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149564) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop more complex financial planning strategies for wealth creation, protection and preservation. Students will be able to evaluate alternative strategies and justify the appropriateness of recommendations in terms of meeting client needs. The focus will be on retirement planning, superannuation as a strategy and estate planning, this unit is designed to meet the Australian Securities and Investments Commission requirements for knowledge, skills and integrity at an appropriate educational level relative to the types of activities graduates undertake.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate compliance with the legal and professional requirements;
2. Develop and explain superannuation, wealth creation and wealth protection strategies;
3. Explain the importance of wealth preservation in retirement and estate planning, and outline strategies for effective estate planning; and
4. Evaluate the impact of economic, client and regulatory change on the effectiveness of strategies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
Thirty nine hours per semester.
Introduction to Personal Financial Planning, 9987, or Introduction to Financial Planning, 6563.
Strategic Financial Planning, 6564
Strategic Financial Planning, 6564.
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 184JA Bachelor of Finance
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce