Design Studio 3 (9976.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190835) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176359) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176360) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165269) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165396) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (163073) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (156487) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149610) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The focus of this studio unit is on design as a process of exploration, integration and synthesis. Design studies explore concepts of purpose and place, the public-private interface, socio-cultural context and of form and structure. Responses to brief requirements, site, structure and skin, shelter and materiality are investigated and integrated into design learning. Creative and analytical skills are developed through studies in abstraction, interpretation and synthesis. Project based learning is undertaken in a studio environment. The brief requirements include criteria related to issues of sustainability, social responsibility and the application of research in design.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the spatial concepts and core skills of design related to interiors, exteriors public and private spaces and objects;
2. Understand design as a process of creative and practical exploration, integration and synthesis;
3. Develop design strategies and responses to design project briefs;
4. Work independently and as a member of a design team; and
5. Expand their communication skills.
Up to 3 hours per week
8330 Digital Environment
8968 Studio 2
8969 Studio 3