Managing Diverse Workplaces (9964.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 4 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197653) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197670) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187796) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187512) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187733) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187707) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181121) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (184894) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will become introduced to the typical opportunities and challenges that come with teams made of diverse backgrounds.
Students will come to learn how these diverse backgrounds can impact working styles and the type of management and leadership style required, to get the most out of them.
Through this unit students will further develop their management and leadership skills so as to be able to identify key staff differences to inform the design of effective management procedures and policies, creating positive working environments.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role cultural difference plays in a workforce;
2. Based on evidence, develop a clear workforce plan to cater for cultural difference;
3. Clearly identify the respective opportunities and challenges various staff and teams may bring;
4. Design culturally appropriate workforce strategies; and
5. Identify and communicate strategies to provide a supportive and productive workplace for diverse teams.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours
Must have passed 9926 Fundamentals of Management AND
36 credit points.
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Fundamental concepts of business management and the role and function of managers.