Managerial Communication (9954.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197613) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197637) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187836) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (191785) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (191784) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187696) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180969) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181082) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181083) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will develop their understanding of the importance and various methods of business communications. Students will be introduced to methodologies and techniques in both formal and informal communication, and will develop their skills in selecting and developing appropriate communication methodologies for various business scenarios and objectives. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly outline the respective communication considerations to be made in varying business scenarios;
2. Understand the differences in communication methods and the suitability according to business scenarios;
3. Identify the range of communication media to be used in various business scenarios;
4. Prepare and develop a range of publications to suit various business scenarios; and
5. Demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations and pitches to suit various business scenarios.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
9926 Fundamentals of Management
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Fundamental concepts of business management as well as the function of business managers.