Management Strategy (9953.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197610) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197612) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187816) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187757) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187731) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181079) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181080) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (184893) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop their ability to design effective business strategies for organisations of varying types and stages of maturity. Through introduction to the fundamentals of strategy, the evolution of strategy and a range of strategic methodologies, students will learn how to respond to specific business scenarios and design proactive strategies towards achieving business goals. In addition, students will investigate how organisations can proactively address their future success, through the effective use of trend analysis techniques. Students will develop their capabilities in line with the skills required in a digital economy.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Demonstrate an ability to analyse and evaluate the various strategic planning techniques;
2. Analyse and explain the function and importance of strategy within organisations;
3. Utilise strategic foresight techniques to inform strategy design;
4. Design and communicate strategies to respond to business scenarios; and
5. Interpret business data to justify strategic planning.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Fundamentals of Management, 9926 AND Fundamentals of Marketing, 9958 AND Organisational Change, 9956
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Sound understanding of marketing concepts, purpose and function. Basic understanding of concept of strategy and how business functions work together towards organisational performance.