Marketing Strategy and Planning (9951.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197852) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197889) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197851) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187756) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187730) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187698) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181074) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181075) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (184895) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will learn how to merge the broad array of skills they have developed, in order to design holistic marketing strategies. Students will learn to understand the relevance of broader business challenges, opportunities and goals, and marketing strategy, as well as learn how to work with management from other business functions in developing marketing plans. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Clearly identify consumer trends and interpret them to inform business decision-making;
2. Clearly identify new market opportunities in line with business goals and develop strategies to capitalise on them;
3. Interpret market reports to inform strategic planning changes;
4. Develop detailed market development strategies to capitalise on local and global market opportunities, consolidating various marketing techniques and approaches; and
5. Demonstrate the capacity to clearly and appropriately communicate marketing requirements to a variety of audiences.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Fundamentals of Marketing, 9958 AND Product Management, 9949 AND Integrated Marketing Communication, 9957 AND Advanced Digital Marketing, 9932
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Sound understanding of customer behaviour and relation to business decision making. Sound understanding of various marketing strategy components and techniques. Understanding of the relation between various marketing techniques.