Marketing of Services (9950.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197827) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197826) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187834) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187961) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187712) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180967) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187960) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop a thorough understanding of the nuances of marketing business services. Through gaining an understanding of the various levels and components of services, students will develop their ability to design marketing strategies specific to services with the goal of maximising value.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Effectively communicate and evaluate the various levels of a service product and the factors that differentiate a service from a good;
2. Create marketing plans to clearly identify the unique challenges and opportunities in marketing a service;
3. Modify and design marketing strategies to more efficiently cater to services;
4. Evaluate and communicate the key differences in the marketing mix for services; and
5. Use evidence to recommend marketing mix changes position services within a market.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours
Must have passed 9958 Fundamentals of Marketing AND
36 credit points
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Sound understanding of various components of marketing strategy, market concepts and customer behaviours