Product Management (9949.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 4 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197501) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187833) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187781) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187724) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180966) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181071) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181070) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop a deep understanding of what makes up different product types. Students will develop their understanding of product lifecycles for both goods and services, and the various strategies that need to be developed to manage products through each stage. Students will also learn how to manage product groups; fostering sustainable customer value; and identify opportunities for product innovation. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly communicate the various lifecycle stages of products;
2. Demonstrate a clear understanding of different product groups;
3. Design strategies to introduce new, and improve existing products;
4. Clearly explain the new product development process; and
5. Develop product management strategies that lead organisations towards business goals.
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Fundamentals of Marketing, 9958
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
Fundamental concepts of marketing, marketing strategy, market concepts and customer behaviour