Market Research (9948.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 4 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197743) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197742) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187832) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187780) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187754) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187695) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180965) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181067) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181068) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be introduced to the various types of marketing research. Through developing a deep understanding into the various types of marketing information available and those most appropriate for varying business scenarios, students will develop the capability to design research strategies, in turn creating and interpreting reports to provide useful information to business decision makers. In addition, students will develop their skills in identifying useful market trends and what these trends may mean for the organisation. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a sound understanding of primary and secondary research methodologies, and the various data types;
2. Design and implement marketing research plans;
3. Create reports interpreting market data so as to inform strategic decision making;
4. Effectively process and interpret data so as to identify relevant market trends; and
5. Analyse market trends so as to identify opportunities for business improvement.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
9958 Fundamentals of Marketing
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA