Stakeholder Management (9947.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198216) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187779) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be given an introduction to the concepts of stakeholder management. Students will become exposed to the various categories of stakeholders and the respective expectations and impacts each can have. In doing so, students will gain understanding of the importance of stakeholder management across industries as well as the skill sets to develop effective stakeholder management strategies that take into account the various and discrete needs of stakeholder groups. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly articulate the role and importance of a stakeholders;
2. Clearly identify the various types of stakeholder groups relevant to a different organisation types;
3. Develop an understanding of the potential needs and expectations of various stakeholder groups;
4. Develop effective stakeholder management strategies that create effective professional relationships with stakeholders of varying types; and
5. Create a communication plan to effectively manage different stakeholder groups.
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Successful completion of 36cp
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA