Corporate Responsibility (9944.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197883) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187831) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (191783) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187723) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180964) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181063) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will learn the increasingly important role of Corporate Responsibility and how it has evolved over recent years. In addition to the key considerations of CR for organisations, and the opportunities and risks involved in adopting or ignoring CR, students will develop their understanding in the various methodologies that are being introduced to foster CR. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly explain the various concepts of CR and their potential impact on organisations;
2. Identify opportunities for value-adding CR within established organisation;
3. Define the various available CR strategies to organisations in line with business objectives;
4. Design CR strategies to respond to business scenarios; and
5. Demonstrate a capacity to clearly communicate CR strategies to a variety of stakeholders.