Applied Entrepreneurship - Concept Development and Validation (6cp) (9939.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2021 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2021 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 1, 2021, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (202498) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197759) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197758) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197757) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187813) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187751) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187692) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181057) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will commence applying the skills they have developed as aspiring entrepreneurs. In doing so, students will undertake detailed research and planning, as well as practical creative exercises, to create, explore and validate conceptual venture ideas. Through completing this unit students will create a draft business model for a new venture that will be utilised as the foundation of the remaining Applied Entrepreneurship units.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply information and data from real market situations to identify venture opportunities;
2. Apply creative thinking skills to develop potential response opportunities to identified scenarios, taking into account key customer markets and segments;
3. Develop business cases utilising real information to validate identified opportunities;
4. Draft various marketing plans including social media and guerrilla marketing; and
5. Apply business theories to develop a draft business model for a venture.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 1, 2021
- Teaching Period 5, 2020
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 300 total learning hours.
9924 Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship,
9958 Fundamentals of Marketing,
9926 Fundamentals of Management
9927 Fundamentals of Project Management, AND
one of the following 9959 Business Model Analysis OR 10279 Business Model Development
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA