Applied Leadership (9937.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 4 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197761) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197776) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187963) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187789) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187727) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187697) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187962) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (184889) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181052) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop their theoretical understanding of leadership in a general business context, and how different leadership models apply in varying types of organisations. Students will investigate the fundamental differences between management and leadership, as well as how leadership capability is developed in individuals and organisations. Students will explore the concepts of organisational culture and how the traits of an individual leader can influence the overall culture of a business. In addition, students will develop their own leadership style, linking it to relevant theoretical approaches. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the fundamental concepts of leadership;
2. Explain various personality types and understand what they mean for business performance;
3. Understand the role of culture within a workplace;
4. Design basic operational processes to maximise team output; and
5. Clearly articulate their individual approach to leadership.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Successful completion of 48cp
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA
- 332JA Bachelor of Applied Business (Management) (Online)
- 333JA Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing) (Online)
- 334JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Online)
- 335JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship) (Online)
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 316JA Bachelor of Health Studies