The Global Economy (9936.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2021 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2021 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2021 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 5, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (196911) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (194577) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187811) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187959) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187729) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181049) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187958) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will come to understand the new paradigm of business that is the global economy, and the resulting implications for both established and new organisations. Students will develop their understanding and ability to identify drivers of global change as well as their ability to articulate and interpret the resulting global trends to identify opportunities and challenges from both an operational and strategic perspective. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly explain the concepts of globalisation and the global economy;
2. Identify and communicate the various opportunities and challenges that the global economy provides organisations of vary nature;
3. Demonstrate an ability to track and interpret global trends to inform business decision making;
4. Suggest and justify strategies to maximise organisational value and performance in a global economy; and
5. Identify and interpret the global drivers of influence and the ways in which they affect business markets.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 5, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 5, 2019
- Teaching Period 3, 2019
- Teaching Period 2, 2019
- Teaching Period 5, 2018
- Teaching Period 3, 2018
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA