Digital Business and Disruption (9933.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 4 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197623) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197621) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187829) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187775) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187759) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187701) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180962) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181042) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181041) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181040) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will learn about the digital economy and the associated new breed of high-growth digital businesses.
In addition to exploring the theoretical understanding of the differences between digital and physical organisations and the methods of developing and delivering value to customers, students will develop skills in identifying digital business opportunities and risks for established organisations.
Students completing this course will be able to design business models for digital organisations as well as adapt more traditional business models to suit the digital economy.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the core concepts of a digital business and how these differ from more traditional organisations;
2. Identify opportunities for improvement in established organisations through digital methodologies;
3. Design digital business strategies to improve value for existing customers and to attract new customers;
4. Clearly articulate the challenges that digital disruption beings to traditional business models; and
5. Design disruptive digital business models.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours
Must have passed 10279 Business Model Development AND
9958 Fundamentals of Marketing
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA