Corporate Structuring and Business Law (9931.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 6 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (194663) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (194570) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (192974) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187827) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187808) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187750) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187722) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187691) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180960) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181034) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will develop an understanding of the law in relation to business. Students will come to understand the various business structuring options and the benefits and drawbacks of each, as well as the processes involved in setting-up the respective structures. Beyond this, students will develop the skills and understanding to interpret basic business laws and scenarios. This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate fundamental understanding of key laws applicable to setting up a business;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of acceptable business behaviours;
3. Apply legal principles to everyday business situations;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the sources of regulation that govern the operation of businesses; and
5. Identify the various organisational structure options required to complete the process of setting up and incorporating a new venture.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
- Teaching Period 6, 2019
- Teaching Period 5, 2019
- Teaching Period 3, 2019
- Teaching Period 2, 2019
- Teaching Period 1, 2019
- Teaching Period 6, 2018
- Teaching Period 3, 2018
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Successful completion of 24cp
Enrolment in one of: Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship, 334JA; Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship), 335JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Management), 332JA; Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing), 333JA