Introduction to Innovation (9928.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Raechel JOHNS (Ph: +61 2 62012726 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 5 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198197) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198196) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187773) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187717) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181027) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181028) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be introduced to the fundamentals of innovation, its role within entrepreneurship, as well as the key tools and methodologies effectively to foster innovation.
In addition, students will explore the key differences between innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as the function of innovation within both new and established organisations.
Throughout this unit students will develop the ability to inform basic innovation programs and innovation challenges faced by established organisations.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduates.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a capacity to articulate the role and importance of innovation;
2. Identify and articulate creative innovation processes to solve business challenges, create new value propositions and foster competitive advantage;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges individuals face in creative processes and develop strategies to overcome these;
4. Demonstrate a capacity to apply innovation practices within an established organisation; and
5. Demonstrate a capacity to apply innovation techniques within entrepreneurial organisations.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
9924 Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship.
Enrolment in one of the following courses: 332JA Bachelor of Applied Business; 333JA Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing); 334JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship; or 335JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship).