Fundamentals of Project Management (9927.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Raechel JOHNS (Ph: +61 2 62012726 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (203261) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198055) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198054) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187825) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187805) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187772) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187745) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187716) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187686) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180958) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181022) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181023) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181024) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will learn what constitutes a project, the various components and stages of a project, as well as core competencies and approaches of an effective project manager. Taking a broad perspective, this unit introduces students to the similarities of projects between industries, as well as many of the nuances that may be found in particular industries.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Clearly define and scope projects of varying natures;
2. Demonstrate understanding of variances between projects and respective industries;
3. Understand the various stages of a project and their components;
4. Demonstrate an ability to use appropriate project planning tools; and
5. Identify key dependencies and risks for project success.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Enrolment in one of the following courses: 332JA Bachelor of Applied Business; 333JA Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing); 334JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship; or 335JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship).