Fundamentals of Management (9926.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Ducere, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 1 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR Raechel JOHNS (Ph: +61 2 62012726 ) ONLINE 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Jennifer LOH (Ph: +61 2 62068371 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (203260) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (198004) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2020, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (197993) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187824) - View
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187804) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187771) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187744) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187715) - View
- Teaching Period 1, 2019, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (187685) - View
- Teaching Period 6, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (180957) - View
- Teaching Period 4, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181016) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181017) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ONLINE, DUCERE-ONL (181019) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will come to understand the importance and objectives of organisational management, the various core frameworks required to design and setup organisations, and the tools and techniques effective for the assessment and improvement of organisational performance.
This unit is delivered self-paced online, requiring students to self-manage their work load, developing many skills required of outstanding graduate students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts and importance of management;
2. Identify managerial challenges and the implications they have on business performance;
3. Identify appropriate managerial strategies to maximise value-creation within organisations;
4. Clearly articulate the differences and overlaps between leadership and management and what challenges each of the roles bring; and
5. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the cultural needs of organisations.
UC - Ducere, Online
- Teaching Period 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2020
- Teaching Period 1, 2020
Online and self-paced study equivalent to 150 total learning hours.
Enrolment in one of the following courses: 332JA Bachelor of Applied Business; 333JA Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing); 334JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship; or 335JA Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship (Social Entrepreneurship).