Digital Campaigning (9922.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178323) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164698) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149249) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit builds on the practical digital and media skills developed in earlier journalism units and introduces students to the principles and practices of digital campaigning on cultural and social justice issues. Contemporary digital campaigns will be examined, along with the role of advocacy by non-government and other not-for-profit organisations, and the professional context within which they work. Tutorials will focus on digital campaign design, implementation and management, with a particular emphasis on producing engagement and driving change in the contested space of the contemporary public sphere.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. conduct an email-based campaign using a Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform;
2. research, write and produce multimedia content to be shared across digital media platforms in a contested public sphere;
3. critique, analyse, synthesise and evaluate the news cycle in terms of the tactical opportunities and strategic objectives of a campaign;
4. demonstrate an understanding of the changing character of the Social and Digital Campaigning industry, industry economics and impacts of convergence on traditional media and institutions; and
5. demonstrate an understanding of the role and impact of digital campaigns for creating awareness and social change amongst target publics.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week
Introduction to Journalism 5565, Mobile Reporting 5572 OR 9923
Basic word processing and internet literacies
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 223JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 280JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 369JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Journalism
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism