Secondary Languages PCK 2 (9909.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Jo CAFFERY (Ph: +61 2 62015094 ) INTENSIVE 2020 Semester 2 DR Jo CAFFERY (Ph: +61 2 62015094 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (189978) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (189935) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166006) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155883) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit builds on Secondary Languages PCK 1. Pre-service teachers will consider the variety of assessment strategies appropriate for Languages and the ways these should inform students, the teacher and parents. There is an increased focus to think critically about their own practice and to draw on a range of national and international perspectives on Languages. Students are also expected to be able to design and conduct research to develop their understanding of Languages education.
In this unit students will engage in a placement for 15 days in a Secondary School/College during which time they will demonstrate the ability to plan and teach for a sustained period of time and consolidate the teaching skills addressed within the academic component of this unit.
Evidence of passing both components of LANTITE must be provided before this unit can be passed.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Critically understand the principles of unit planning, the content of current curriculum and the pedagogy of Languages;
2. Design and apply a variety of assessment strategies to evaluate diverse student learning and development in Languages;
3. Actively participate in professional conversations about issues pertinent to Languages education;
4. Develop an evolving philosophy for what Languages teaching means; and
5. Develop as professionals that are knowledgeable, skillful, flexible and compassionate in their practice and who are guided by a sense of social and ethical responsibility.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours face to face per week, or equivalent including any online component.
Must have passed 36 credit points including 9908 Secondary Languages PCK 1 AND 9919 The Educational Workplace AND 10425 Curriculum - Planning, Assessing & Reporting.