Secondary Creative Arts PCK 2 (9901.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198394) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (189974) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (189931) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166003) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149588) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit builds on Secondary Creative Arts PCK 1. Pre-service teachers will consider the variety of assessment strategies appropriate for Creative Arts and the ways these should inform students, the teacher and parents. There is an increased focus to think critically about their own practice and to draw on a range of national and international perspectives on Creative Arts. Students are also expected to be able to design and conduct research to develop their understanding of Creative Arts education.
In this unit students will engage in a placement for 20 days in a Secondary School/College (15 days for Graduate Entry Students) during which time they will demonstrate the ability to plan and teach for a sustained period of time and consolidate the teaching skills addressed within the academic component of this unit.
Evidence of passing both components of LANTITE must be provided before this unit can be passed.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically understand the principles of unit planning, the content of current curriculum and the pedagogy of Creative Arts;
2. Design and apply a variety of assessment strategies to evaluate diverse student learning and development in Creative Arts;
3. Actively participate in professional conversations about issues pertinent to Creative Arts education;
4. Develop an evolving philosophy for what Creative Arts teaching means; and
5. Develop as professionals that are knowledgeable, skillful, flexible and compassionate in their practice and who are guided by a sense of social and ethical responsibility.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assignment A1: Teaching Clinic Activities and Reflections (Assessment Structure A: for Students undertaking a beginning or intermediate placement for PCK 2) (40% )
- Assignment A 2: Critical Reflection on Becoming a Creative Arts Teacher (Assessment Structure A: for Students undertaking a beginning or intermediate placement for PCK 2) (60% )
- A 3. Professional Experience (Satisfactory/not satisfactory The Professional Experience Placement Must be passed to receive a pass in this unit )
- Assessment Task B 1 – Critical Reflections on Becoming an English Teacher Assessment Structure B: for Students undertaking a final placement for PCK 2 (30% )
- Assessment Task B 2 – Assessment for Graduate Teaching – Element 4: Expanding Practice (Assessment Structure B: for Students undertaking a final placement for PCK 2) (20% )
- Assessment Task B 3 – The Assessment for Graduate Teaching (AfGT) Elements 1, 2 & 3 Assessment Structure B: for Students undertaking a final placement for PCK 2 (N.B. Satisfactory completion of Professional Experience is required to receive a pass in this unit) (50% )
- Assessment B 4 – Professional Experience Assessment Structure B: for Students undertaking a final placement for PCK 2 (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory - Must be graded satisfactory in order to complete this unit )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2020