The Practice (PCK) of Teaching Technologies (9890.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Emily WHITE (Ph: +61 2 62068633 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MS Emily WHITE (Ph: +61 2 62068633 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186926) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182648) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149433) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156267) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the theory and practice of teaching and learning within the Technologies learning area, as defined by the Australian Curriculum. Students will gain knowledge in guiding primary school students across the two strands of the Technologies curriculum: Digital Technologies, and Design and Technologies. Students will examine literature and resources and apply their knowledge, in relation to the key concepts of computational thinking, design thinking, and technological pedagogical content knowledge.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of appropriate pedagogical practices in relation to the learning area of Technologies;
2. Demonstrate familiarity with the purpose and content of the Technologies Australian Curriculum, and critically analyse its practical application in classrooms; and
3. Appreciate interrelations between pedagogical knowledge, content knowledge and technological knowledge.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
1 hour lecture and 2 hour practicals/tutorials per week.
Students in the Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry) course must have passed 24 credit points.
All other students must have passed 48 credit points.
Basic ICT Literacy and Pedagogical Content Knowledge Units.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)