The Practice (PCK) of Teaching Technologies (9890.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 MS Emily WHITE (Ph: +61 2 62068633 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195892) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186926) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182648) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149433) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156267) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the theory and practice of teaching and learning within the Technologies learning area, as defined by the Australian Curriculum. Students will gain knowledge in guiding primary school students across the two strands of the Technologies curriculum: Digital Technologies, and Design and Technologies. Students will examine literature and resources and apply their knowledge, in relation to the key concepts of computational thinking, design thinking, and technological pedagogical content knowledge.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of appropriate pedagogical practices in relation to the learning area of Technologies;
2. Demonstrate familiarity with the purpose and content of the Technologies Australian Curriculum, and critically analyse its practical application in classrooms; and
3. Appreciate interrelations between pedagogical knowledge, content knowledge and technological knowledge.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
1 hour lecture and 2 hour practicals/tutorials per week.
Students in the Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry) course must have passed 24 credit points.
All other students must have passed 48 credit points.
Basic ICT Literacy and Pedagogical Content Knowledge Units.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)