The Practice (PCK) of Teaching the Arts (9885.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186929) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182654) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166057) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149415) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will build on their existing arts knowledge to develop a range of skills in the teaching of the arts to young children. Students will: extend their understanding of arts concepts and language; recognise the importance of specific pedagogy within and across different arts disciplines; and, increase their confidence of delivering authentic and effective arts education. A range of established arts teaching methodologies will be utilized and reflection on these experiences will allow development of personal pedagogic frameworks.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a developed understanding of the terminology and skills in the five arts disciplines as outlined in the Australian Arts curriculum;
2. Demonstrate a clear understanding of and distinction between the theoretical and methodological underpinnings of effective arts education in the Arts disciplines;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of careful planning and responsive delivery with respect to arts education;
4. Recognised that design of arts learning activities as part of an integrated program of teaching adds a stimulating dimension to the teaching of young children;
5. Discern the appropriate use of a wide range of resources, including ICT resources, they have available to them for the teaching in the Arts discipline; and
6. Demonstrate a beginning understanding, respect and strategies for teaching across Indigenous and non- Indigenous Australians.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week.
Students in the Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry) course must have passed 24 credit points.
All other students must have passed 36 credit points.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)