Information and Communication Technology Literacy (9878.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Christina LOMMATSCH (Ph: +61 2 62068374 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186930) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182660) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149245) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in contemporary society. Students develop an understanding of new technologies and digital communications; how personal identity and networks can be shaped by online interactions; how ICT has enabled new ways of communicating and understanding the world; and the way that work and education are changing in a digital world.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the role of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in personal, educational and professional communication contexts;
2. Demonstrate a critical and reflective approach to the use of ICT; and
3. Demonstrate appropriate ICT and Digital Literacy skills.
3 hours per week. 1 hour lecture and (either 2 hour workshop or 2 hour online tasks).
Must have passed 24 credit points.
Basic ICT Skills.