Human Development and Learning (9874.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Ilyse RESNICK (Ph: +61 2 62068536 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186932) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182667) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165995) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166225) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148786) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162242) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to theories and research related to human development and human learning across the lifespan comprising physical, social, emotional and cognitive development. The unit explores how: learning and behaviour is explained by development; the study of human development is interdisciplinary; development is interrelated and dynamic; humans learn and process information; traditional and contemporary learning theories can be applied to instructional practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe key aspects of physical, social, emotional and cognitive development through the life span;
2. Describe distinctive features of various learning theories including behaviourism, cognitivism, social cognitivism and schema theory;
3. Describe theories that explain how humans process information; and
4. Apply learning theory and research to instructional practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
1 hour lecture per week, plus 2 hour Tutorial per week (and online requirements).
Enrolment in an Education course or permission from the Program Director.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science