English Literacy for Educators (9871.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Rachel CUNNEEN (Ph: +61 2 62012067 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE-ONL (203304) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195933) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186977) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183327) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170613) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170612) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163259) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162228) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit allows students to further develop literacy skills established in Core Literacy and Linguistics for Educators. There is a focus on appreciating, analysing, evaluating and creating texts for use in the classroom. Students will also apply personal literacy skills to demonstrate a robust theoretical perspective on literacy learning and teaching in the digital age.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and articulate a range of theoretical perspectives on literacy learning;
2. Understand the importance of using a variety of texts as part of an effective literacy program;
3. Apply the Four Resources Model to critique written, spoken and multimodal texts in print and digital/online forms; and
4. Use a range of information and communication technologies (ICT) to effectively communicate understanding and knowledge of literacy teaching and learning to families, parents and other stakeholders.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- UC - Canberra, Online
3 hours per week.
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Secondary Education (HPE) must have passed 9863 Core Literacy.
All other students must have passed 9882 Linguistics for Educators AND 9863 Core Literacy.
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- EDS001 Undergraduate Certificate in Education