Curriculum - Planning, Assessing and Reporting (9868.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182684) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165635) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148780) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the curriculum from various perspectives: the political influences upon curriculum, curriculum design and in particular the role of curriculum in planning, assessing and reporting student learning experiences.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the curriculum in terms of: factors influencing its design, structural design of the curriculum, and ease of implementation;
2. Understand and apply principles of curriculum when designing lessons that utilise elements of quality pedagogy;
3. Analyse and design learning area specific assessment strategies (informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative) to inform future teaching;
4. Interpret student assessment data to evaluate student learning and modify teaching practice;
5. Demonstrate use of principles for effective feedback; and
6. Describe strategies used for reporting to students and parents/care givers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records of student achievement.
2 hours face to face or equivalent, including any online component. In addition to class contact, students will complete a 10 day Professional Experience placement.
Enrolment in an Education course.