Creative Science Specialist (9867.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Shyam BARR (Ph: +61 2 62012093 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186935) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182685) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148788) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit caters to students who wish to become specialist STEM teachers in a primary school setting. This unit will provide a further grounding in Scientific Principles as well as the teaching and learning of Australian Science curriculum (Foundation to 6). In addition this unit will introduce students to the methods of teaching science and to connect learning in the science with their understanding of arts elements, concepts and disciplines.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a developing understanding of the terminology and skills in the science strands as outlined in the Australian Science curriculum (Foundation to 6);
2. Demonstrate a developed understanding of scientific and creative process and values;
3. Demonstrate an appreciation for the commonalities and differences between science and arts learning and language;
4. Demonstrate a preliminary understanding of pedagogical methods used in Science as outlined in the Australian Science curriculum (Foundation to 6); and
5. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the terminology and skills in the five arts disciplines as outlined in the Australian Arts curriculum (Foundation to 6).
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
2 x 1.5 hour tutorials each week (1 x Science Workshop and 1 x Science Teaching seminar).
Must have passed 24 credit points including 9899 Scientific Principles.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Primary Education (STEM).