Creative Arts Principles (9865.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200876) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193517) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186825) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182707) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149793) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156256) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit caters to students who wish to become specialist Creative Arts teachers in a primary school setting. This unit will provide grounding in the introductory terminology, language and symbol systems for Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts, with an understanding of Media Arts within each arts discipline. In addition this unit will introduce students to the methods of teaching of four arts disciplines. Students will be able to select areas of arts specialisation in later units in the degree.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate basic skills and understandings in music, visual arts, dance and drama; and
2. Design and implement learning experiences for children in music, visual arts, dance and drama at the early childhood/primary level.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Semester 1, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Arts Knowledge (Music and Visual Arts) and Contemporary Arts Education Issues (Arts Knowledge (Music content quiz) - 20% Arts Knowledge (Visual Arts content quiz) - 20% Contemporary Arts Education Issues - 20% total 60% )
- Arts Knowledge (Dance and Drama) (Arts Knowledge (Dance content quiz) - 20% Arts Knowledge (Drama content quiz) - 20% total 40% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
3 hours per week.
Must have passed 24 credit points.
Must be enrolled in 323JA B Primary Education (Creative Arts).
Work Integrated Learning