Core Mathematics (9864.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Jonathan ADAMS (Ph: +61 2 62015047 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term MR Jonathan ADAMS (Ph: +61 2 62015047 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193518) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192060) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186826) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184979) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182708) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170611) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148775) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject will assist ensuring that students attain appropriate levels of mathematical capability to inform their progression towards their use and interpretation of mathematics within their careers in Education. It will aid in the development of mathematical knowledge by the presentation of the content via practical applications, problem solving and mathematical modelling. It is taught via a Mastery learning and assessment methodology so that students will progress through conceptual stages only when they have achieved an effective level of understanding at each conceptual stage. It uses online Learning Management Systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. Mastery of at least 80% of their essential range of mathematical skills and concepts;
2. Conceptual and procedural mastery of basic mathematical operations dealing with whole numbers;
3. Conceptual and procedural mastery of a range of arithmetic and mathematical operations and transformations including fractions, decimals and percentages, estimation and rounding, proportions and proportional reasoning, scientific notation, powers and roots;
4. Conceptual and procedural mastery of a range of arithmetic and mathematical operations and transformations involving various shapes and their measurement, basic geometry, rates of change, systems and units of measurement;
5. Skills in creating, reading and using data in tables and graphs; and
6. The ability to solve mathematical problems using a variety of strategies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week.
Enrolment in an Education course or permission from the Education Program Director.
Year 10 Mathematics.
4802 Reconstructing Maths Understanding.
- 326JA Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science