Context of the Education Profession (9862.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MR Nick CAREY-IDE (Ph: +61 2 62063893 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MS Lisa BATUM (Ph: +61 2 62068963 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186976) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183325) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166324) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174116) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148773) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit provides an introduction to the individual and collective understandings of the education profession. It supports students' in planning and preparing for their professional life by providing a framework that investigates the knowledge, skills and insights necessary to be an active and engaged participant in the journey towards graduation and beyond. Students will examine the context of the education profession from multiple perspectives - the individual, the local, the national and the global educator - and consider the implications for their professional career.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Create a plan to demonstrate key skills, attitudes and abilities needed to facilitate their successful study experience towards graduation;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the characteristics that denote the variety of contexts constituting the Australian education profession; and
3. Knowledgably and accurately write about issues of global importance to the education profession.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours per week.
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science