Arts Education Internship (9859.1)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Rohan NETHSINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62015892 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200862) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193331) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186792) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176964) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students participating in the Arts Education Internship will elect to specialise in one arts discipline (Dance, Drama, Music or Visual Arts) in on-campus intensive workshops, online forums and during a specialist in-school placement with an arts focused mentor. In the unit, 9918 Teachers as Professionals, students will develop and hone their own personal arts pedagogy, in light of seminal and contemporary research, established arts methodologies, personal training and strengths and the authentic implementation of the chosen arts discipline into the primary school learning environment and the Australian Arts Curriculum (Foundation-6). Students will engage with technological and conceptual learning from the perspective of the chosen arts discipline as a human endeavour via understanding the place of the environment, Indigeneity, gender, information management, and design systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a highly developed capacity to use the terminology correctly and demonstrate skills in their chosen arts disciplines as outlined in the Australian Arts curriculum (Foundation to 6);
2. Enhance their pedagogical approach to teaching their chosen arts discipline and will understand the implications of this approach for childrens' learning;
3. Improve their deep understanding of the nature of the arts, and its relationships to everyday life and its social contexts;
4. Recognise the significance of arts education as part of a whole school and inclusive curriculum;
5. Develop an appreciation of the contemporary issues in arts education; and
6. Heighten their confidence in their knowledge, skills and pedagogy and increased interest in teaching their chosen arts discipline to primary school students.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Work Integrated Learning