Addressing Challenges in Educational Environments (9857.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Michael WALSH (Ph: +61 2 62015490 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MR Michael WALSH (Ph: +61 2 62015490 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195903) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186937) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182754) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148763) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Through a combination of lectures, workshops and independent research, this unit enables pre-service teachers to demonstrate and extend their knowledge and skills when planning teaching and learning for a diverse range of students including Indigenous students, students with disability, rural and remote students, students from an EAL/D background and gifted and talented students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Contextualise the contemporary challenges in educational environments;
2. Make links between educational environments, policies and frameworks; and
3. Identify and evaluate effective strategies to address potential challenges early career educators may experience.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assessment Item 1 – Reflection on Diversity and Inclusion in Education (40% )
- Assessment Item 2 – Independent Project The Independant Project will be in essay form, with appropriate citations (APA) and a reference list of at least five sources, two of which are other than web references. (60% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2020
1 hour lecture per week, plus 2 hour Tutorial per week (and online requirements).
Students in the Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry) course must have passed 24 credit points.
All other students must have passed 72 credit points including 9869 Designing Learning for Diversity and Inclusion.
Enrolment in an Education Course.
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science