Addressing Challenges in Educational Environments (9857.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MR Nick CAREY-IDE (Ph: +61 2 62063893 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Thomas NIELSEN (Ph: +61 2 62015699 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186937) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182754) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148763) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Through a combination of lectures, workshops and independent research, this unit enables pre-service teachers to demonstrate and extend their knowledge and skills when planning teaching and learning for a diverse range of students including Indigenous students, students with disability, rural and remote students, students from an EAL/D background and gifted and talented students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Contextualise the contemporary challenges in educational environments;
2. Make links between educational environments, policies and frameworks; and
3. Identify and evaluate effective strategies to address potential challenges early career educators may experience.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
1 hour lecture per week, plus 2 hour Tutorial per week (and online requirements).
Students in the Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry) course must have passed 24 credit points.
All other students must have passed 72 credit points including 9869 Designing Learning for Diversity and Inclusion.
Enrolment in an Education Course.
- 321JA Bachelor of Primary Education
- 323JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
- 325JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 324JA Bachelor of Primary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 322JA Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM)
- 331JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Graduate Entry)
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 329JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing Technology Studies
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science